It’s still 2017 Severe Weather Preparedness Week – today’s topic: pets!
Cold weather affects humans. But think about having to put more than just your two shoes into the snow…think about 4 paws.
- Keep their time outside to a minimum.
- Consider brushing off their paws before coming into the house.
- Examine the de-icing salt used for your driveway as some may contain harmful chemicals.
- Harmful edibles or poisonous mushrooms are often buried under fallen snow.
- Due to large snow embankments, cars on the road may not see you/your pet on a walk.
- Flashlights or reflective gear at night will increase your chances of being identified by passing motorists.
Rain or shine, keep your pets warm and well dressed for the weather outside.
For more trusted information on your local weather, check out www.weather.gov for official weather predictions.