City & County of Honolulu: Ambulance accident w/ patient on 07-12-14.
Here’s the initial picture from the incident.
Few things to review:
1. Good reminder to check your “Maximum height is ****” plate on your rig.
2. Law enforcement officials should really know the area, including height clearances.
3. Even if Police are leading you out, Fire/EMS should always be aware of your surroundings.
4. Social media is fast and information pertaining to your ongoing situations will always be faster than a PIO.
5. I can already see it now: “Dear Chief, I don’t know what happened…”
6. Crews should have their seatbelts on at all times while the vehicle is moving.
Thoughts and prayers to the initial victim of the first emergency call.
I hope the leadership in Honolulu figure out the issues at hand. Emergency Service Professionals need some rest.