Say hello to my little friend…
…his name is Deep Fried Turkey #DFT2013
Boom – SUCCESS!
Much to the dismay of my fellow Firefighters, Emergency Management Professionals, Paramedics, EMTs, and Police Officers – I didn’t burn my house down.
But it IS time to chow down with the family.
Hope these tweets and posts have helped you out in your turkey adventures today.
- Be safe and do NOT compromise for your safety.
- Deep frying turkey is NO joke. This is serious business.
- Make sure your fryer is at least 30 ft away from any house or structure.
- Do NOT deep fry your turkey on your deck.
- No kids outside.
- Stay with your turkey fryer all the time. Do NOT go inside to warm up.
- Have your cell phone ready and know how to call 9-1-1.
- Have a fire extinguisher ready to go close by.
- And of course, no adult beverages while cooking.
Note: For cleanup? I’m going to let the oil cool down for about 6 hours. And regardless if there is no fire, I’m still keeping my extinguisher on the ready.
Keep all of these safety tips handy as you finish your bird this joyous holiday season.
I have much to be thankful for…like you folks as well as my solid family and friends.
Enjoy your evening everyone!