Thank goodness! Instagram decided to make a major change today in their algorithm.
Yeeeeeeppppp, they are reverting back to a more timely feed for users – just press the “New Posts” button. Basically push to prioritize newer posts over older aggregated Instagram posts.
As Instagram cites backlash, I mean feedback from it’s users. “Thanks to feedback” – yeah yeah.
So what does that mean for you?
- With the most recent backlash on Facebook (citing the #DeleteFacebook trend), agencies should be making a stronger effort on Instagram.
- Instagram will likely have a more “true-er” feel than Facebook’s less than 10% showing to your unpaid targeted audience.
- Instagram is easier as it has less gobble-de-gook for it’s users.
- Instagram is also more complex because it has less clutter for it’s users.
- Either way, this change in algorithm from Instagram is a welcome update/refresh to the Gram.
Now about dem hashtags….