Early start today meeting with Doc Lumpkins who is the Director of National Integration Center for DHS/FEMA.
Numerous points discussed w/ the group:
- Large discussion based on NIMS typing of IT teams
- Increasing trust with public and private partnerships
- Clear NIMS/ICS standards for use in the EOC standardization (like ICS vs hybrid vs non-compliant)
- Real social media use for PIOs in the JIC/JIS for actionable information
- The broad impact of net neutrality
- VOST as a deployable asset
- Delivery of classes for RCPT and functional needs population
- States who have ESFs which do not match up with standards established by DHS/FEMA (aka rogue ESFs)
- Advanced resource typing
- CPG and committees to help guide CPG review
- Whole communities approach through framework
- Private sector approach/interactions and their use of NIMS
- Integration of planning across various levels and agencies
Doc’s team engaged our questions and honestly answered several burning issues. As the week continues, Doc informed us that more materials were going to be released from the National Integration Center and National Protection Framework shortly for review. EXCELLENT!!!
Just like at the NEMA conferences, UASI conferences, etc…I really enjoy meeting with Doc Lumpkins. He provides great insight and he is HILARIOUS!
Overall, by engaging with the core prominent Social Media in Emergency Management peeps, Doc Lumpkins and the rest of the National Integration team can continue to incorporate real and pressing issues into the new doctrine.
Thanks again for the meeting Doc!
Now my ride just arrived, a black suburban, headed for the White House!