As usual, I always make it a point to stop by FEMA HQ to meet with a few friends and teams working the FEMA magic.
First stop was to see the crew leading the Ready Campaign. Lots to discuss including the measure of preparedness and how we can more heavily promote preparedness digitally within each community. We constantly need to access our information that we are pushing and additionally make sure that the information is specific and actionable…esp during a disaster.
Did you know FEMA’s Ready.Gov program was featured at the White House Innovation for Disaster Response Recovery Event on Tuesday during the presentation by Appallicious? Check out the event and pictures here.
Mobile platforms must be easy to navigate and less cluttered. Almost everything is read on mobile platforms right? Duh! Esp since you can’t take/turn on your desktop computer while you are evacuating to an emergency.
Between meetings, I usually find a moment to take a funny picture with the hard-working FEMA pro, my friend Jana. She. Is. Hilarious.
But seriously, make sure you turn on your Twitter Alerts to get pertinent messaging from FEMA. It can be done from your mobile phone and it takes seconds to do.
In the coming months, we will be exploring a few classes that we can help cross promote a few programs. And I hope I get chosen to teach the class at FEMA HQ.
End of the day was spent chilling in the Executive Administration side of the house. And of course trying to catch a few moments with Craig.
Whew…what a day!
DHS Media Contacts
DHS Media Inquiries Headquarters: DHS Office of Public Affairs: 202-282-8010
Agency Press Rooms and Contact Numbers
- U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS): 202-272-1200
- U.S. Coast Guard (USCG): 202-372-4620
- U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP): 202-344-1780
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): 202-646-4600
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC): 912-267-2447
- U.S Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE): 202-732-4242
- U.S. Secret Service (USSS): 202-406-5708
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA): 571-227-2829