After getting reassigned from the JIC to the FCO, I was evaluated on my performance.
So yeah, that went well.
Great to support the FCO as well as the FEMA Region-1 Incident Management Team (IMAT) this week.
Trust me, without the support of countless PIOs and numerous External Affairs peeps, we could not have accomplished our tasks assigned.
My hope is that we continue to increase our knowledge and expand on ways that we can serve each of our communities daily as well as during any disaster or emergency.
We must relentlessly pursue knowledge from educators who are willing to share their craft with others.
Listen to all of our communities and share kernels of knowledge with others in an open forum so that other PIOs can learn and make good decisions.
It is incumbent upon us to coordinate the response effort for those who have nothing.
And most importantly, it is our duty to serve this great nation.
Not going to lie…I think I’ve been working too hard. I haven’t been getting enough sleep and I’ve been pushing the envelope a bit much.
Those on the inner circle know.
Leaders frequently walk alone.
Gah, I wish I had this view again.
On this Aloha Friday, I am reminded by my late Grandparents who frequently said to me, “stop and smell the roses.”
I should listen more often.
Enjoy your Aloha Friday everyone.
So…this just happened to me.
Twitter will now track the activities from all your OTHER apps on your smart phone/tablet.
That’s right, Twitter will use:
- your FourSquare/Swarm geolocation data to target you for ads.
- your pictures to see what you take pictures of to target you for ads.
- your songs to see what music you listen to so they can target you for ads
- your Instagram photos to see who likes them so they can target ads to them.
- your airlines apps so they can serve you targeted ads on your flights
- your phone calls to see who/where you call so they can target ads to you/them.
You get the idea.
From Twitter’s EULA: “…collecting and occasionally updating the list of apps installed on your mobile device so we can deliver tailored content that you might be interested in.”
Creeped out? You know you can disable this feature through the Twitter app’s settings menu. Depending on the iOS:
- For iOS device users: disable this through setting —> account —-> privacy —-> “Tailor Twitter based on my apps.“
- For Android users: settings —-> account —-> other —-> “Tailor Twitter based on my apps.“
I get that Twitter would like to collect data with what I do using in the Twitter app. In fact, I expect it. However, I am a bit uncomfortable with Twitter collecting info from various other apps.
Not cool Twitter. Way to be that creepy Uncle.