Sunday funday right? #PIO
Looks like we got a prime spot for our presser today. Flag is up so let’s do this.
Assigned: Sunday Press Conference with senior leadership from County Health Department and County Chairman.
Me? I definitely burned the midnight oil but talking points all done. All reviewed and approved.
Let’s get this started because it looks like all my media friends are here. Welcome media partners!
Getting that angle just right….
But don’t forget, pic or it didn’t happen right?
And it’s Sunday so I didn’t a tie was necessary.
So let’s not delay.
Thanks to the friends at NBC5 Chicago for the live streaming of the presser.
Successful press conference with a few issues to review.
Shared learning points:
- Trust your more seasoned PIOs to make solid strategic decisions.
- Don’t be star-struck with national news media.
- Lack of hard copy printing caused some hiccups.
- Lack of skills will be very apparent within a few minutes of operation.
- Lots to work through as this response will be a long response and even longer recovery.
Moving into the role of External Affairs Officer starting tomorrow. Likely turning on the lights for the Joint Information Center (JIC) too.
Hope your Sunday was good.
Reporting live from the presser….